MCTA LEADERS MET THE VICE-CHANCELLOR
The MCTA leaders met Prof. R. Lalthantluanga, Vice-Chancellor and Prof. R.P. Tiwari, Finance Officer, Mizoram University on 5.3.2013 and submitted representations on the following issues.
1. Timely release of funds from the UGC vis-a-vis CDC inspection and reports etc., for Infrastructure developments of Mizoram colleges.
2. Introduction of Sociology Department in Lunglei Campus of the Mizoram University (MZU).
3.TA/DA of Experts from Mizoram University, for Screening Committtees/ Selection Committees for placement/promotions of College Teachers.
4. Adoption of separate API/PBAS format for College Teachers in Mizoram
5. Conferment of Guideship to Mizoram College Teachers.
The Vice-Chancellor conveyed to the MCTA leaders that advertisement for the post of director, College Development Council (CDC) has been issued and Sociology department will be introduced in the University at Aizawl. Regarding TA/DA of experts for Screening Committee, the Vice Chancellor said that the concerned college should bear the expense and not the individual teachers. The Vice-Chancellor assured the MCTA leaders that he would look in to the matter regarding the adoption of separate API/PBAS for college teachers and conferment of MPhil/PhD guideship to college teachers.
General Conference 2013 Held Successfully
The 35th MCTA Annual General Conference was held successfully at Art & Culture Auditorium, Berawtlang, Aizawl, on 11.12.2013. The inaugural function was graced by Dr Lalnuntluangi, Director, Higher & Technical Education, Mizoram, as chief guest and 235 members of the association attended the conference. In the business session the following agenda were passed:
1. Resolved that the MCTA Hqrs. take necessary actions to decide who is to bear the TA/DA/Sitting Allowances of Experts for Screening Committee/Selection Committee. It also resolved that the said expenditure should not be borne by individuals.
2. Resolved that the MCTA Hqrs. take necessary actions to depute persons from the teaching faculty of Govt. colleges in Mizoram to the post of Deputy Secretary in Higher and technical Education Department, Govt. of Mizoram.
3. Resolved that the Govt. of Mizoram be pressurised to implement superannuation age as per UGC Regulations
4. Resolved that the MCTA Headquarters take necessary actions for early payment of Medical Reimbursement (MR) Bills
5. Resolved that the MZU Authority be pressurised to allow college teachers to guide/supervise M.Phil/Ph.D students
6. As Semester system has been introduced and as the University norms and the UGC indicate teacher-student ratio, it is resolved that the MCTA Headquarters take necessary action to stop outside interference to admit students in excess of the normative capacities in colleges
7. Resolved that the Draft Rules on ‘Mizoram Higher Education Service Rules 2013’ refering to recruitment of Assistant Director: “Vacancies in the Grade shall be filled up by 100% direct recruitment” be substituted by “100% posts shall be filled up from the existing Assistant Professor”
8. Resolved that MCTA Headquarters take steps for proper implementation of RUSA
9. Amendment of the Constitution: Article IX. Clause 1 “Ten or more Lecturers (including Principal) in a college or college level training Institution may constitute an MCTA Branch with the approval of the MCTA Headquarters on application from such Institution” be replaced by “Five or more teachers (including Principal) in a college or college level training Institution may constitute an MCTA Branch with the approval of the MCTA Headquarters on application from such institution” (MCTA Headquarters).
10. Amendment of the Constitution: Article V. clause 1 “Any person working in Government colleges or college level training Institutions of Mizoram under the University Grants Commission (UGC) norms as Lecturers/ Reader/ Professor/ Principal may become a member of MCTA be replaced by “Any person working in Government colleges or college level training Institutions of Mizoram under the University Grants Commission (UGC) norms as Assistant Professor/ Associate Professor/ Professor/ Principal may become a member of the MCTA (MCTA Headquarters).
Election of Office Bearers for 2013-2015 was held after the business session and the following persons were elected:
President : Thanglura, Govt. Aizawl College
Vice-President : J.H. Zoremthanga, Govt. Zirtiri Residential Science College
General Secretary : Dr P.L. Ramliana, Govt. Aizawl West College
Treasurer : H.Lalnunmawia, Govt. T.Romana College
Annual General Conference 2013 Programme
35th MCTA GENERAL CONFERENCE 2013
P R O G R A M M E
Place: Art & Culture Auditorium, Beraw Tlang
Date : 11th December 2013
Chief Guest :Dr Lalnuntluangi, Director H&TE
Registration : 9:30 AM to 10:00 AM
Arrival of Chief Guest : 10: 15 AM
Chairman : Mr J.H.Zoremthanga, Vice President MCTA
Welcome Speech : Chairman
Short Speech : Mr Thanglura, President MCTA
Speech : Chief Guest
Solo : Mr H.Lalrempuia, Youth Icon 2012
Vote of Thanks : Mr R.Lalhmingthanga, Finance Secretary MCTA
TEA BREAK 11:30—12:00
BUSINESS SESSION (12:00—2:00 pm)
Chairman : Mr Thanglura, President
Annual Report : Dr P.L.Ramliana, General Secretary
Finance Report : Mr H.Lalnunmawia, Treasurer
Solo : Mr H.Lalrempuia, Youth Icon 2012
Discussion of Agenda : Chairman
Minute Secretaries : B.Lalrawngbawla, R.Lalhmingthanga, V.Zothankhuma.
ELECTION OF OB’s 2013-14 to 2015 (2:00—2:45PM)
Returning Officer : Pu Lalzuitluanga
Polling Officers : 1. Dr.S.R.Zonunthara, Regional Director IGNOU
2. Dr.R.Zonuntluanga, Deputy Registrar MZU
3. Dr.R.Ramthara, Associate Professor PUC
DINNER 3:00 PM—4:00PM