38th Annual General Conference Held Successfully
The 38th Annual General Conference of the Mizoram College Teachers Association (MCTA) was held sucessfully on 3rd November, 2015 at CYMA Coference Hall, Tuikhuahtlang, Aizawl. The Conference was attended by 254 members of the Association representing 24 branches in the State. The First Session of the Conference was graced by Hon'nle Chief Minister of Mizoram Pu Lal Thanhawla as Chief Guest,Commissioner & Secretary, H&TE Dept., Pu Benjamina as Guest of Honour and Director, H&TE Dept., Pu R.Lalrosanga as Special Guest. Devotional Prayer was offered by Revd. Lalchungnunga, Director, Campus Ministry. In his speech, the Chief Guest, Pu Lal Thanhawla said that teaching is a prestigious job which entails high responsibility because teachers work for the all round development of the students. The Chief Minister also remarked that college teachers getting UGC Pay are better placed than the state employees and that the Government is having high expections from them. The Guest of Honour, Pu Benjamina also stressed the importance of skill development and producing employable students. The First Session concluded with Vote of Thanks from Pu Samuel J.Laltlanzaua, Secretary i/c Organisation.
The Second Session chaired by Dr PL Ramliana, President MCTA, deliberated and resolved on the following agenda:
1. Govt of Mizoram be strongly pressurized to fill up teachers’ sanctioned post which are lying vacant at various Colleges in Mizoram.
2. The Mizoram University should allow eligible teachers from Under-graduate colleges in Mizoram to act as full Ph.D guides
3. Title registration with ISSN be applied for MCTA Newsletter and be published in a book-let form.
4. The MCTA to take steps in bringing better coordination between MZU and State Government in the Department of Higher & Technical Education
5. The revisions and amendments of the MCTA Constitution proposed by the MCTA Headquarters is accepted
6. The invitation to host the MCTA 39th Annual General Conference 2017 by Govt. Champhai College is accepted