MCTA President and Vice President join AIFUCTO PROTEST in DELHI
The MCTA President Dr P.L. Ramliana and Vice President Pu H.Lalnunmawia join the AIFUCTO Protest Programme at Jantar Mantar in Delhi on 14th March, 2016. Dr P.L. Ramliana was invited to speak in front of the gathering delegates. In his speech Dr P.L. Ramliana said,"Teachers are the builders of the nation by giving education to millions of youth of the country. We also want to let the Government know that we teahers do not merely give degrees to students, but build their character and shaped their destiny.It is therefore extremely important that the demands of the teachers be implemented by the government. We the MCTA totally support the demands of the AIFUCTO". As a token of the MCTA's support to the AIFUCTO Dr P.L.Ramliana handed over Rupees fifty thousand as 'Struggle Fund' to the AIFUCTO leaders. The AIFUCTO President, Prof.Kesab Bhattacharya, who presided over the protest meeting (Dharna) expressed his appreciation and thanked the Mizoram College Teachers' Association for lending such support.
In the early hours of 14th March, leaders of AIFUCTO were invited for a meeting by Prof. Upendra Kushwaha, Minister of State,HRD.The AIFUCTO leaders headed by president Prof. Kesab Bhattacharya met the Minister and explained the demands of the Federation. The Minister assured the delegation that the government will look into their demands at the earliest.
Later in the evening, a delegation of AIFUCTO & FEDCUTA leaders met the Hon’ble Minister, HRD, Smt. Smriti Zubin Irani and submitted a memorandum to her. She apprised the delegation about the steps taken by the Ministry on the setting up of the UGC Pay Review Committee and other demands of the AIFUCTO. The Minister assured positive action on these issues raised by teachers’ representatives.
The next day (15th March) NEC meeting was held and AIFUCTO leadership called upon the teachers not be restive only on the assurances of the Government. The AIFUCTO leaders advise members to take a 'wait & watch' policy and decided to evaluate the situation in the next NEC which is expected to be held in June 2016.
MCTA to Join AIFUCTO in Protest Programme
No.MCTA (Hqrs).1/2016/Estt: This is to notify to all the concerned MCTA Branches that the MCTA (Hqrs.) Executive Committee dated 23.2.2016 unanimously resolved to join the AIFUCTO proposed State Level One-Day Massive Protest Programme on 29th February, 2016 (vide its Resolution No 1) by putting Black Badge in our respective Colleges. Moreover, the meeting also decided to send representatives to join the AIFUCTO's Massive Dharna and Protest March scheduled to be held on 14.3.2016 at Jantar Mantar in Delhi involving maximum number of teachers from every state. In this connection, we were also requested to send representatives and also to contribute Rs 100/= per member towards the struggle fund. The AIFUCTO has made 12-points of demand as given below:
- Immediately constitute UGC VII Pay Review Committee.
- Grant MHRD approval of the UGC decisions on the 3rd Amendment of the UGC Regulations- 2010 and Amendment to PH.D Regulations-2009.
- Ensure meeting of the Minister-HRD with AIFUCTO-FEDCUTA to discuss and resolve the long standing professional demands and fix an appointment for the same.
- Scrap API.
- Withdraw CBCS and Central University Bill, 2013.
- Expedite promotions and filling of lakhs of vacant posts as per the GOI Reservation Policy for SC/ST/OBC/PWD to ensure access of inclusive quality higher education.
- Resolve CPF-GPF issue and grant pension to all appointed before 1.1.1986 as per the GOI Policy. Withdraw New Pension Scheme-2004 and ensure regular pension to all.
- Extend Dates for RC and OC Up to Dec 2015.
- Grant UGC pay scales to all categories of teachers, librarians, DPEs & other academic staff
- Resolve anomalies of VIth Pay Commission and ensure stepping -up.
- Consult AIFUCTO-FEDCUTA and Other Teachers' Organizations on educational policies.
- Stop commercialization of Higher Education& stop opening Higher Education to private foreign and domestic capital as per WTO/GATTS.
The meeting of the MCTA (Hqrs) was, however, decided to support the demand of the AIFUCTO particularly on the points No 1, 3, 6 & 11 above without specifically objecting the remaining other points of demand. It was also resolved that two persons, preferably, the President and the General Secretary may represent the MCTA in the Protest March at Jantar Mantar in Delhi at the expense of the Association. Beside, the struggle fund may also be donated as we were requested.
Under the circumstances stated above, the meeting also resolved in its resolution that Rs 200/= (two hundred) per member may be collected from all the MCTA Branches so as to meet the struggle fund (i.e.@ Rs 100.00 per member) and the expenses (@ Rs 100.00 per member) for joining the Massive Dharna and Protest March at Jantar Mantar in Delhi.
It is, therefore, hereby requested all the MCTA Branches to organise the State Level One-day Massive Protest Day on 29.2.2016 by putting Black Badge by all MCTA members in our respective work places commencing from 9:30 am on the day. Moreover, all the MCTA Branches were also requested to contribute the special fund at the rate of Rs 200.00 per member and submit the same to Mr. CVL.TLanhlua, Treasurer, MCTA (Hqrs.) on or before 15th March, 2016.
This has also a reference to the Press Release No 01/16 published through Vanglaini Newspaper dated 26.2.2016
Immediate compliance of the matter as above is highly solicited.
(DR C.LALREMRUATA) (DR PL RAMLIANA)
General Secretary President
Annual General Conference 2015 Held Successfully
The 37th MCTA Annual General Conference 2015 was held successfully at IASE Conference Hall, Aizawl, on 11.12.2013. The inaugural function was graced by Pu K.Lalnghinglova, Commissioner, H&TE Dept. as Chief Guest and Pu R.Lalrosanga, Directeor, H&TE Dept. as Guest of Honour. The Chief Guest presented the MCTA Best Teacher Award 2015 to Dr Lalthansangi, Associate Professor, Govt. Aizawl College and the Guest of Honour released the MCTA Directory and Conference Proceedings. 187 members of the Association attended the conference.
In the Business session Dr. P.L. Ramliana, General Secretary gave a detail report of the activities of the MCTA Hqrs during the year 2014-2015. The Report highlighted that there are 193 Assistant Professors, 424 Associate Professors and 11 Professors in the MCTA. The number of vacant posts as reported by member branches was 127 and 11 teachers retired during the year 2015. In the business session the following Resolutions were passed:
1. The MZU be pressurized not to implement Choice Based Credit System until and unless properly learned about the introduction of CBCS in other states.
2. Steps be taken to establish PG Departments in colleges as per NAAC Peer team recommendations.
3. The State Government be pressureised to fill up all vacant posts of Asst. Professors in all the Colleges.
4.The Government of Mizoram be moved to provide sufficient teachers as per the UGC Regulations by means of fresh recruitment
5. The Government of Mizoram be requested to maintain at least the minimum strength of faculty in each department of the colleges