Four MCTA Members Placed to the Post of Professor
The MCTA Headquarters is glad to learn that the Govt. of Mizoram has placed the following 4 (four) Associate Professor (stage-4) to Professor (stage-5) in the scale of pay of Rs. 37,400-67,000+AGP of Rs. 10,000/- p.m. with effect from 22nd August, 2014.
- Dr. K.L. Pradhan, Deptt. of History, Govt. Aizawl College
- Dr. K. Zohra, Deptt. of History, Govt. Saiha College
- Dr. A. Sundaram, Deptt. of Economics, Govt. Saiha College
- Dr. Vanlalringa Bawitlung, Deptt. of History, Govt. Lawngtlai College
MINUTES OF EXECUTIVE MEETING HELD ON 29.5.2014
The meeting of Executive Committee of MCTA Headquarters on 29th May 2014 discussed the following and resolved accordingly as follows:
1. The pattern of question papers: It has come to our knowledge that some teachers of English Department submitted representation to the Controller of Examination, MZU requesting him to abolish Objective type Questions in Undergraduate examinations, so that the questions will be set wholly with Descriptive questions. The MCTA discus this and it is opined that the current pattern of question papers is designed to test different levels of students’ aptitude. As such, contrary to such suggestions as to abolish Objective type questions, keeping up the current pattern of question which includes 25% marks for Objective and 50% marks for Descriptive is still necessary.
2. The Executive Committee is of the opinion that end semester examinations should continue to be conducted by the University and not by the affiliated colleges. It is also opined that final results of Undergraduate examinations shall be based on the performance in Core subject. That is, among those students passing in all the elective subjects, ranking shall be given on the respective scores in core subject, and not the aggregate of marks in all the subjects.
3. Awarding of Internal marks by Colleges: Under the system of Continuous Assessment, 5 marks may be awarded to students on the basis of their performance in classroom performance and attendance. It was discussed among the members present that a uniform practice of awarding marks in this category is necessary. It is agreed that for maintaining uniformity, marks should be awarded as follows:
Percentage of Attendance Marks
75 to 79 : 2
80 to 84 : 3
85 to 89 : 4
90 to 100 : 5
The matter may be brought to the Academic Council for discussion.
4. Central Evaluation System: With the introduction of new Academic calendar, it is expected that Central evaluation will not disrupt normal class teaching. As a result, it is unanimously accepted that Central evaluation system be continued, because it is supposed to ensure speedy evaluation and hence, speedy publication of results.
5. Pending Medical Reimbursement Bills: As decided by the 35th Annual General Conference 2013, the Executive Meeting resolved that representation be submitted to the concerned authorities for the release of pending Medical Reimbursement (MR) Bills. The Meeting entrusted Dr C.Lalremruata, Pu Anthony Vanlalrawna and Pu H.Lalnunmawia to collect the necessary documents and information.
6. NEC meeting of AIFUCTO: The NEC meeting is scheduled to be held at Faridabad on 22nd June 2014. The MCTA agrees to send two delegates. An agenda to be discussed at the meeting is made as “The AIFUCTO should take necessary measures to eliminate discrimination among the Indian citizens and work towards building India a great nation”.
7. The meeting also discusses the prospect of holding a national level seminar in Aizawl. Dr.C.Lalremruata and Pu Lalrochama are entrusted to pursue the matter.
8. As the Mizoram University does not allow college teachers to become guides or supervisors in Ph D and M Phil programmes, ‘experience in research guidance’ which is the required qualification for College Principals cannot be fulfilled by College teachers. Because of this, the MCTA resolved that the Government of Mizoram be requested to waive this clause for appointment of Principals.
9. The Committee also approves the Editorial Board proposed by the MCTA Branch of Government Aizawl West College which was submitted on 20th May 2014.
MCTA LEADERS MET THE VICE-CHANCELLOR
The MCTA leaders met Prof. R. Lalthantluanga, Vice-Chancellor and Prof. R.P. Tiwari, Finance Officer, Mizoram University on 5.3.2013 and submitted representations on the following issues.
1. Timely release of funds from the UGC vis-a-vis CDC inspection and reports etc., for Infrastructure developments of Mizoram colleges.
2. Introduction of Sociology Department in Lunglei Campus of the Mizoram University (MZU).
3.TA/DA of Experts from Mizoram University, for Screening Committtees/ Selection Committees for placement/promotions of College Teachers.
4. Adoption of separate API/PBAS format for College Teachers in Mizoram
5. Conferment of Guideship to Mizoram College Teachers.
The Vice-Chancellor conveyed to the MCTA leaders that advertisement for the post of director, College Development Council (CDC) has been issued and Sociology department will be introduced in the University at Aizawl. Regarding TA/DA of experts for Screening Committee, the Vice Chancellor said that the concerned college should bear the expense and not the individual teachers. The Vice-Chancellor assured the MCTA leaders that he would look in to the matter regarding the adoption of separate API/PBAS for college teachers and conferment of MPhil/PhD guideship to college teachers.