MCTA to Join AIFUCTO in Protest Programme
No.MCTA (Hqrs).1/2016/Estt: This is to notify to all the concerned MCTA Branches that the MCTA (Hqrs.) Executive Committee dated 23.2.2016 unanimously resolved to join the AIFUCTO proposed State Level One-Day Massive Protest Programme on 29th February, 2016 (vide its Resolution No 1) by putting Black Badge in our respective Colleges. Moreover, the meeting also decided to send representatives to join the AIFUCTO's Massive Dharna and Protest March scheduled to be held on 14.3.2016 at Jantar Mantar in Delhi involving maximum number of teachers from every state. In this connection, we were also requested to send representatives and also to contribute Rs 100/= per member towards the struggle fund. The AIFUCTO has made 12-points of demand as given below:
- Immediately constitute UGC VII Pay Review Committee.
- Grant MHRD approval of the UGC decisions on the 3rd Amendment of the UGC Regulations- 2010 and Amendment to PH.D Regulations-2009.
- Ensure meeting of the Minister-HRD with AIFUCTO-FEDCUTA to discuss and resolve the long standing professional demands and fix an appointment for the same.
- Scrap API.
- Withdraw CBCS and Central University Bill, 2013.
- Expedite promotions and filling of lakhs of vacant posts as per the GOI Reservation Policy for SC/ST/OBC/PWD to ensure access of inclusive quality higher education.
- Resolve CPF-GPF issue and grant pension to all appointed before 1.1.1986 as per the GOI Policy. Withdraw New Pension Scheme-2004 and ensure regular pension to all.
- Extend Dates for RC and OC Up to Dec 2015.
- Grant UGC pay scales to all categories of teachers, librarians, DPEs & other academic staff
- Resolve anomalies of VIth Pay Commission and ensure stepping -up.
- Consult AIFUCTO-FEDCUTA and Other Teachers' Organizations on educational policies.
- Stop commercialization of Higher Education& stop opening Higher Education to private foreign and domestic capital as per WTO/GATTS.
The meeting of the MCTA (Hqrs) was, however, decided to support the demand of the AIFUCTO particularly on the points No 1, 3, 6 & 11 above without specifically objecting the remaining other points of demand. It was also resolved that two persons, preferably, the President and the General Secretary may represent the MCTA in the Protest March at Jantar Mantar in Delhi at the expense of the Association. Beside, the struggle fund may also be donated as we were requested.
Under the circumstances stated above, the meeting also resolved in its resolution that Rs 200/= (two hundred) per member may be collected from all the MCTA Branches so as to meet the struggle fund (i.e.@ Rs 100.00 per member) and the expenses (@ Rs 100.00 per member) for joining the Massive Dharna and Protest March at Jantar Mantar in Delhi.
It is, therefore, hereby requested all the MCTA Branches to organise the State Level One-day Massive Protest Day on 29.2.2016 by putting Black Badge by all MCTA members in our respective work places commencing from 9:30 am on the day. Moreover, all the MCTA Branches were also requested to contribute the special fund at the rate of Rs 200.00 per member and submit the same to Mr. CVL.TLanhlua, Treasurer, MCTA (Hqrs.) on or before 15th March, 2016.
This has also a reference to the Press Release No 01/16 published through Vanglaini Newspaper dated 26.2.2016
Immediate compliance of the matter as above is highly solicited.
(DR C.LALREMRUATA) (DR PL RAMLIANA)
General Secretary President
Annual General Conference 2015 Held Successfully
The 37th MCTA Annual General Conference 2015 was held successfully at IASE Conference Hall, Aizawl, on 11.12.2013. The inaugural function was graced by Pu K.Lalnghinglova, Commissioner, H&TE Dept. as Chief Guest and Pu R.Lalrosanga, Directeor, H&TE Dept. as Guest of Honour. The Chief Guest presented the MCTA Best Teacher Award 2015 to Dr Lalthansangi, Associate Professor, Govt. Aizawl College and the Guest of Honour released the MCTA Directory and Conference Proceedings. 187 members of the Association attended the conference.
In the Business session Dr. P.L. Ramliana, General Secretary gave a detail report of the activities of the MCTA Hqrs during the year 2014-2015. The Report highlighted that there are 193 Assistant Professors, 424 Associate Professors and 11 Professors in the MCTA. The number of vacant posts as reported by member branches was 127 and 11 teachers retired during the year 2015. In the business session the following Resolutions were passed:
1. The MZU be pressurized not to implement Choice Based Credit System until and unless properly learned about the introduction of CBCS in other states.
2. Steps be taken to establish PG Departments in colleges as per NAAC Peer team recommendations.
3. The State Government be pressureised to fill up all vacant posts of Asst. Professors in all the Colleges.
4.The Government of Mizoram be moved to provide sufficient teachers as per the UGC Regulations by means of fresh recruitment
5. The Government of Mizoram be requested to maintain at least the minimum strength of faculty in each department of the colleges
RESOLUTIONS OF EXECUTIVE COMMITTEE MEETING HELD ON 14.10.2015
MIZORAM COLLEGE TEACHERS’ ASSOCIATION: HEADQUARTERS, AIZAWL
EXECUTIVE COMMITTEE MEETING
Date: 14th October, 2015 (1:00PM)
Place: MCTA Committee Room
Members present: 16
The meeting was chaired by the President, Pu Thanglura. The chairman expressed the MCTA opinion regarding the recent birth of private college in Aizawl. He said that discussions were held with the authorities in this regard and that suggestions were submitted. The chairman also reported that the government recently promoted 13 MCTA members to the post of Professor. He further reported about speedy actions being taken by the government for filling up of Principals’ post and that notices for interview have been served to 22 candidates. On learning that these are the results of MCTA’s continued demand, we appreciate the actions taken by the government.
After these reports, the General Secretary also reported that the MZP handed over a commendable certificate of appreciation to the MCTA on Teachers’ Day (5th Sept.2015). We receive this with a hearty welcome. Besides, preparation for MCTA Directory, condolence meeting held on 7.8.2016 in honour of Pu P.Dokunga, Associate Professor of Govt. Aziawl College in which condolence gift of Rs.100,000 was handed over to his family, were also reported by the GS.
MCTA Annual General Conference 2015: The following have been discussed and resolved in connection with the Conference 2015.
1) The date for the Conference is proposed to be held on 10th December 2015. The Venue of the Conference is at IASE Conference Hall, Republic Veng, Aizawl. (The date has been finalised and confirmed in consultation with IASE and the MZU).
2) The MCTA IASE Branch is entrusted with the charge of Ushering, Reception, Decoration, Refreshment, Dinner. The expenditure shall be borne by the MCTA Headquarters as usual. Expenditure on Dinner may be restricted to Rs.250 per head.
3) Banners for the Conference shall be prepared and put up by MCTA, Govt. T.Romana College.
4) It was decided that Chief Guest shall be appointed and invited for the Conference. Lt. Gen Nirbhay Sharma (Rtd), the Governor of Mizoram is the first choice. In case the Governor is not available, Pu Lalthanhawla, the Chief Minister may be invited, and if the Chief Minister is unavailable, the concerned Minister (H&TE) Pu R. Romawia shall be invited as Chief Guest.
5) Auditing of the MCTA Accounts: The following members are appointed as auditors of the MCTA Accounts
1. Pu Lalchangliana, GHBC as Senior Auditor
2. Prof. R.Lalnuntluanga, GANC as Jr Auditor
The period of accounts that should be audited is 19.11.2014 to 18.11.2015. The Accounts shall be audited at the MCTA Office on 18.11.2015 (11:00AM).
6) Election to the Office of the MCTA Headquarters for the term of 2015-2017 shall be held in the Conference. MJA may be invited to conduct the election.
7) Detail Programme of the Conference shall be finalised by the Office Bearers.
8) It was discussed whether nominations for the election shall be made. The Committee is of the opinion that such is not necessary.
9) It is desired that in the Conference booklet, names of the existing OBs shall be reflected and also that Obituary and names of those who retire during the year.
10) It is expected that all Branches shall submit their reports and agenda on or before 13.11.2015
11) After deliberation, the Committee proposes these agenda to be discussed at the Annual General Conference 2015.
1. The Government may be requested to fill up vacant posts as many as possible by fresh recruitment.
III. Revision of remuneration for Examination: The Committee is of the view that upward revision of remuneration for exam related activities is due now. The matter needs to be brought to the notice of the MZU authorities and discussed.
IV. Guidelines for monitoring the services of Part time teachers: The MCTA feels that a meaningful set of guidelines for monitoring the services of part-time teachers is in urgent need. It is decided that the OBs should take up this issue by discussing with the authorities. There are currently 150 part time teachers, and 47 contract teachers.
V. Publication of Seminar Proceedings: The Committee receives report of the ongoing steps being taken for the publication of proceedings of the Seminar held in December 2014, and Directory of MCTA members. These two are slated to be released at the MCTA Annual General Conference 2015.
VI. Mizoram College Teacher Award: As was discussed in the earlier meeting of the MCTA, the President suggested that a Selection Committee be formed towards the implementation of the same. The suggestion was weighted and accepted by the Committee. The following persons shall be the members of Selection Committee:
Convener: Prof Sangkima (Rtd)
Members: 1. Dr.H.Vanlalhluna 2. Pu Zochungnunga
It was agreed that members of the Selection Committee be given a remuneration of Rs.1000 each. Steps should be taken that the award be given at the time of the Conference. The form for Nomination shall be reviewed and finalised by the President, General Secretary and the Secretary, i/c Organisation. As soon as the proforma is finalised, it should be circulated to each branch of MCTA for nominating not more than two teachers from them. Nominations should be submitted to the Headquarters on or before 20th November 2015.
General Secretary, MCTA Hqrs.